The Other Artemis Visits Camp Half-Blood




Thanks to Topher Bradfield of BookPeople for sharing the photos above from this summer's Camp Half-Blood in Austin! The campers were told to expect a visit from Artemis, and to listen for the sound of horns. Imagine their surprise when they heard the horn of a black SUV, and instead of a goddess, Eoin Colfer, author of Artemis Fowl, stepped out of the car. I'm told the kids went crazy with excitement.

Above, Eoin talks with the kids about his latest book, The Last Guardian, which concludes (sob) the Artemis Fowl series. I wish I could've been there, but I was traveling myself. Still, I'm so glad the campers got a chance to see Eoin, one of the funniest and nicest authors you could ever meet. And congratulations to Eoin on The Last Guardian. It's great to see Artemis Fowl back in action one more time!