The Last Olympian


I'm pleased to announce that the title for Percy Jackson 5 will be THE LAST OLYMPIAN. The publication date has been officially set for May 5. (That's the U.S. date, but the U.K. date should be the same.) The news broke this morning in USA Today.

I've known the title for months, and as I mentioned earlier I didn't think we'd be announcing it until October, but I'm happy that Disney/Hyperion decided the time was right to share the information with the media, booksellers, and most importantly fans! Stay tuned for more information. It will be a few more weeks at least before we have a cover to show you. The picture above is not the cover -- it's just a placeholder until we get the real thing!

In the meantime, what does the title mean? Who is the Last Olympian? I leave that for you to ponder.