Demigod of the Week





Yesterday I visited Buda Elementary and met with some very excited 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. Buda is a little town south of Austin. My uncle lived there back in the 70s, and it was a real trip to see how much it has changed since I was last there. The old school is still the same, though -- lots of character, a very laid back atmosphere, and friendly people.
One of the many great kids I got to see was Crispin, pictured above. Since you can only get Camp Half-Blood T-shirts from my events, I knew I must've seen Crispin before. He told me he'd been to several signings in the Austin area. His birthday was this week, and he made a Poseidon cookie cake for the occasion. Awesome!
Above you see Crispin with his cool cake. Under that is Crispin with his friend McKenna, a hunter of Artemis. The third picture shows Crispin, his parents and me at the Buda School. Happy birthday, Crispin. You're demigod of the week!